Twonky media streaming

Windows specific discussions
Rich_dn4
AV Hardware:IX2-200
Twonky media streaming

Post by Rich_dn4 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:40 am

Hi,

I apologise at the start if my terminology is incorrect - I've just started using a NAS and media servers and all that goes with them.

I may be under a misconception in that I thought Twonky being a media server would stream files to a receiving device, but what i see is that the file has to be downloaded in full before it is played. Is this a setting in Twonky or does Twonky not stream files (in which case just accessing the files on my NAS directly has the same effect).

1khalid
AV Hardware:Lynksys router

Re: Twonky media streaming

Post by 1khalid » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:45 pm

I have the exact same question. I thought it was a streaming service to my own network. I didn't know I had to download it to the device I wanted to watch it on. It really defeats the purpose. I hope its just a setting that we overlooked.

Is there any solution to this (not downloading just want to stream from the media server)?

Thanks

1khalid
AV Hardware:Lynksys router

Re: Twonky media streaming

Post by 1khalid » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:04 pm

Figured it out. You have to go into the media player and use the streaming service from with in there. I noticed VLC takes a long time to see the videos on the network but Windows Media Player does it really quick.