Running Twonky not present on System while Firewall is activ

Windows specific discussions
halsband
Running Twonky not present on System while Firewall is activ

Post by halsband » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:12 am

Hi, just for information:
A running TwonkyVision-MS is not "seen" on my System (Win-XP-Home - all Updates) while the Windows-Firewall is activated. I tried nearly everything (exceptions, ports etc.) But the Clients dont see it; and testing with UPnP-Tester said: "There is no Twonky".
(BTW: There are no problems with TVersity, Musicmatch etc.).
Twonky-Support said: "Must be a network-problem". But this is nonsens I guess. Deactivating the Win-FW shows me Twonky at once on system and clients. Can´t solve this problem till now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But now I have a WLAN-Fritz!Box with a integrated firewall and I use an additional software-FW ("Fritz!Protect"). Hope, that´s OK. With Twonky now no problems.
Dirk
(sorry for my bad english)

wideasleep1

Post by wideasleep1 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:29 am

It's not 'nonesense' as it wouldn't work for most of us if so. Why run WFW if you are also running FritzProtect? Double-firewalling is likely the problem.

halsband

Post by halsband » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:58 am

No - a just run Fritz!Protect (now) because twonky has problems with the Win-FW on my system. Maybe it´s a problem on my system - not a twonky-problem. But it is the first and only programm which is blocked bei WFW although setting the right exceptions and ports. No Problems like this with other mediaservers. I can "switch off/on" the Twonky MS by switching WFW off/on. So it can´t be a "network-problem" !?
But ... anyway ... a like the TwonkyMS - and with the RouterFW it works.
I just meant the information for the developers here in the forum ...