Help setting up Windows player required, please.

Windows specific discussions
billzab
AV Hardware:ReadyNAS-Duo
Help setting up Windows player required, please.

Post by billzab » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:11 pm

Hi all. I have the latest Twonkymedia setup on my Netgear Nas drive. I can access my FLAC files on my laptop with my browser and see my songs, but can only play one at a time (this looks like it is working the same as a download). If I click on an album it only plays the first song. I have tried various players (Windows Media Player, Winamp, XMPlay, etc.) and same thing happens. If I try to play a file on the NAS with any of these players it won't stream and stutters it's way through the tracks. I feel I am missing something here. Isn't Twonky supposed to stream the songs to my player? All the players can play the files OK straight from the laptop, but can't play from the NAS. Do I need to do something else to get Twonky and Winamp (for instance) to talk to each other?

If anyone can help me set up my NAS/Twonky to stream to my laptop, I would be most grateful?

P.S. I have searched the forum for an answer to this question already, but notice that there are a lot of unanswered posts. Hope I can get an answer here.

billzab

Re: Help setting up Windows player required, please.

Post by billzab » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:50 pm

Just as I thought, 24 hours later and no reply. Does anyone from Twonkymedia read this forum. It is after all supposed to be the support forum for the product I have paid for. As stated above, what I really need to know, is what the hell does Twonky actually do. I can't for the life of me manage to get one single Flac file on my NAS to play wirelesly through my PC. I thought that was Twonky's job to stream the media. It will work with a cat cable, but then I wouldn't have needed Twonky for that to happen.

Don't mean to gripe here, but this is the worst forum on any subject I have ever been registered to. Nearly every slightly difficult or technical question on this forum is left unanswered.

TFO.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:48 pm

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3763
Don't mean to gripe here, but this is the worst forum on any subject I have ever been registered to. Nearly every slightly difficult or technical question on this forum is left unanswered.
Are you suprised, with an attitude like that?
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

billzab

Post by billzab » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:11 pm

Hot surprised in the least. This is what you find with most forums, you always get someone to reply with a smartass answer but getting an actual answer to your question...........well that's another thing all together. I should also point out that there was nothing wrong with my attitude in my original question, but I admit I was getting a little peed off with the lack of answers. If this is supposed to be the support site wor Twonky, then they should at least have someone look at the posts.