4.4.6 on XP using a PS3 v 2.42 gives errors

Windows specific discussions
Willy Verbiest
AV Hardware:Windows xp, Linkstation Live 500GB, Playstation 3
4.4.6 on XP using a PS3 v 2.42 gives errors

Post by Willy Verbiest » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:01 pm

I've just installed Twonky version 4.4.6 on my PC Windows XP as a test to see if my Playstation 3 could recognize the Twonky mediaserver as I have troubles with my Buffalo Linkstation Live and PCast.
Before trying to install Twonky on the Linkstation Live I want to see if my Playstation 3 with firmware 2.42 can see and play the files shared with Twonky.

In the brouwser on the PC I can play the files I'm sharing in Twonky from my personal folders on the same PC.
Before the PS3 would "Play" the files I had to change the Clients.db file on the PC and modifying "PLAYSTATION3" into "PLAYSTATION 3"
On the Playstation 3 I can see now the folders and the jpg files with a preview icon but I can't show the pictures at full screen.
I get regulary DNLA 2104 errors.

Any suggestion how to solve this problem would be welcome

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Re: 4.4.6 on XP using a PS3 v 2.42 gives errors

Post by mgillespie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:17 pm

1. Uninstall previous version.
2. Download latest (4.4.7 on Windows)
3. Install
4. Delete DB
5. Clear Clients Table.

Try again.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.