Vista SP1 Twonky 4.4.9 with limited user?

Windows specific discussions
boris_unckel
AV Hardware:NOXON 2 radio for iPod
Vista SP1 Twonky 4.4.9 with limited user?

Post by boris_unckel » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:58 pm

Hello all,

Environment:
I'm running Twonky 4.4.9 within Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 (latest patches up to 2008-10-20). Client is Noxon 2 Radio for iPod.

I have one Administrator user ("root") and one regular user with limited rights ("joe_foo"). UAC is enabled. Twonky has been installed under root,
and afterwards I have manually moved the c:\Users\root\AppData\Roaming\TwonkyMedia to c:\Users\joe_foe\AppData\Roaming\TwonkyMedia
and changed the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TwonkyMedia\AppDir to the new dir.
I have also corrected the twonkyvision-mediaserver.ini to point to the new directory.

The server starts without obvious warning/error (where do I have to look to be 100% logfile?), and my Noxon 2 does display the server name
but claims "Access forbidden" on access attempt. Within "root" everything worked as expected.

I have googled how to run Twonky as limited user but I didn't find any good HowTo.
I don't want any server to run as Administrator, even being in a private network this give me a bad feeling on security.

How can I run Twonky as limited user?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Boris

P.S.: Please no Vista flames :-)