TMS 5.0 not picking up songs

Windows specific discussions
pwhitted
TMS 5.0 not picking up songs

Post by pwhitted » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:20 am

I recently purchased 3 albums via iTunes, all of which were in the M4A format. I used a tool to convert these tracks to MP3 format, and put the resulting tracks in an area where TMS is supposed to be monitoring. Upon first visit, none of the 3 albums showed up in TMS. I went to the maintenance screen and told it to Rebuild Database (a lengthy process, as I have well over 15K tracks). Only one more of the albums showed up. The other two still do not. I can see/play the tracks in those folders in Windows Media Player, iTunes, and RhythmBox on my Linux laptop, so I know the files are in good shape. What gives?

NoAhBoDy
AV Hardware:Linux_X86, PS3, PSP

Re: TMS 5.0 not picking up songs

Post by NoAhBoDy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:25 am

pwhitted

Re: TMS 5.0 not picking up songs

Post by pwhitted » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:46 pm

NoAhBoDy: Thanks for the tip. The first thread you pointed to seemed to be all about Linux, while I'm running on Windows XP. I did upgrade to 5.0.55, and that seemed to solve the problem for a little while. At least I thought so, until recently. I ripped a recent CD purchase, then expected to listen to it via my D-Link media player. I was surprised to find only 1 of the tracks from the recently ripped CD showing up. Checking TMS's media browser, I found the same thing - just the one track. Confirmed all the files were on the file system, then ran rescan. Still just the one song. What a piece of crap TMS 5x is turning out to be! I was really happy with TMS before the recent acquisition and refactoring of the software.