Active player list ang myTwonky

Linux and UNIX specific discussions
mackowiakp
AV Hardware:Samsung TV series 5 and 6, PCH A110, Mandirva Linux
Icecrypt S4000 Sat PVR, Ariva 200 Sat PVR-Ready
Active player list ang myTwonky

Post by mackowiakp » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 pm

I just installed Twonky 7.0.5 Special on Linux. Two problems I have:
- list of receivers display only list of active players in current moment. I want to add to list of entitled players only several players available on my network. It was possible in previous versions. In current version check-box are still available but list consist ONLY current working players. If I uncheck unnecessary players, after reboot oc server everything goes to default that is all players have rights to work with Twonky server even "unchecked". How can I create still list of players entitled to work with Twonky server?
- I want to connect to myTwonky. But after clicking on "Register Server" my WEB content goes to rubbish and no way to work with default config Twonky page. The onlu solution is manually uninstall Twonky and install once again. How can I resolve the problem?
Linux is like wigwam. No Windows, no Gates but Apache inside!

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Active player list ang myTwonky

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Thanks for reporting both of these issues.
How can I create still list of players entitled to work with Twonky server?
That isn't possible. We automatically scan all UPnP/DLNA clients on the network.
- I want to connect to myTwonky. But after clicking on "Register Server" my WEB content goes to rubbish and no way to work with default config Twonky page. The onlu solution is manually uninstall Twonky and install once again. How can I resolve the problem?
I'm forwarding this issue to others. If they have a suggestion, I'll let you know.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

mackowiakp
AV Hardware:Samsung TV series 5 and 6, PCH A110, Mandirva Linux
Icecrypt S4000 Sat PVR, Ariva 200 Sat PVR-Ready

Post by mackowiakp » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:55 am

So it is not possible to make particular player to not entitled to work with Twonky? Of course there is checkbox in the begining of line with each player, but after server reboot the info about check/uncheck is lost. Can it be solved?
Linux is like wigwam. No Windows, no Gates but Apache inside!

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:26 pm

I'm not aware of a way to do this. Maybe others have a solution for this which I'm not aware of.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/