Installation/Upgrade from 5.1.9 OEM to Server 8.5.1

Linux and UNIX specific discussions
bmiklos43
AV Hardware:WD MyBookLive NAS connected to Ubuntu home network, Panasonic Blue Ray Player
Installation/Upgrade from 5.1.9 OEM to Server 8.5.1

Post by bmiklos43 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:21 am

I am searching for days the forum if I can find a similar situation of my problem, but so far I did not find one. This is my situation:
the NAS has Twonky 5.1.9 OEM installed on it and working with my Panasonic BlueRay. The problem is that only about half of my photos show up on my TV. All photos are -jpg. Tried many things, but I have no idea why. Any suggestions?
Thought if I change Twonky and install version 8.4 on my Ubuntu desktop 64 bit as a server, maybe I will have some advantage and more control how to run.
While I am not an expert, neither on Twonky nor on Ubuntu I somehow manage with help.
I neet to know if I have to delete OEM Twonky 5 on WD or enough to deactivate it? Also what is the way to install Twonky 8.4 - 64 bit on the desktop. I have downloaded Downloads/twonky-x86-64-glibc-2.22-8.5.1.zip and this is as far as I got. I was not lucky to find a command line installation example to follow. Probably I was not looking for the right place.

Anyone could give me a hand to finish this project of mine. Thanks.