Application or database corruption?

Linux and UNIX specific discussions
Kitch
Application or database corruption?

Post by Kitch » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:35 am

I have been running TwonkyMedia 4.1 on a Buffalo Terastation for some time now. I have just upgraded my router (it may be a red herring) and now the mediaserver doesn't seem to work. My devices can't connect to it and when I try to use the web interface I just get the following messages...

1) "ActiveXObject Exception: [object Error]" x 3

4) "HTTP request object not supported"

5) "Cannot create an XMLHTTP instance"

I have tried reverting to my old router but get the same messages. This and the nature of the messages suggests to me that the router change is a red herring.

Do I have some kind of application or database corruption? If so, how do I fix it please?

Please note that, although I managed to hack the firmware on my Terastation to install Twonky, I am not a Linux expert!

Kitch

Two steps forward, one step back...

Post by Kitch » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:33 pm

Hmm... this is getting stranger. In desperation, I deleted the shares on the Terastation where Twonky was installed and did a new installation. Now my client devices can connect to the server but when I try to use the web configuration interface I just see mainly blank config values apart from a few default values. Furthermore, when I try to change a config value it just disappears after saving.