Twonky Unstable on Ubuntu - Disconnects PS3

Linux and UNIX specific discussions
cultghost
Twonky Unstable on Ubuntu - Disconnects PS3

Post by cultghost » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:07 pm

I've searched the forums but have not found anything specific to my issue. So here goes ....

I have a stable Twonky server running under OS X and streaming great to my PS3. Content is streamed through an Ubuntu-Linux server controlling shared USB drives.

The problem I have is when I try to run Twonky directly on Ubuntu to the PS3 it disconnects every 20 seconds or so then reconnects. Prior to this I can see all the content. I'm stumped!

Thanks

Gaz.

cultghost

Post by cultghost » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:40 pm

Just closing the loop having found the problem. Turned out to be more that one instance of twonky running on Ubuntu that was causing the issue.

ryankou

Post by ryankou » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:14 pm

cultghost wrote:Just closing the loop having found the problem. Turned out to be more that one instance of twonky running on Ubuntu that was causing the issue.
Hi. I also have the problem. Can you please teach me how to turn out more than one instance and how to check if I have more than one instance ?

Thank you very much

Ryankou

cultghost

Post by cultghost » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:01 pm

If you open "system profiler" or whatever its called you can see everything you have running and just kill an instance of twonky. I cant remember exactly since I'm on vacation and not at my ubuntu machine.