Twonkymedia on an openSuSE 10.3 - System

Linux and UNIX specific discussions
meica
Twonkymedia on an openSuSE 10.3 - System

Post by meica » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:06 pm

Hi @all,

is there anyone experienced with twonkymedia and openSuSE?

The client (Noxon iRadio) can't find the twonkyserver. But the musicserver is running well. Using "localhost:9000" in Firefox shows the config-pages of twonkymedia.

I think the problem should have to do something with the network settings of openSuSE. In openSuSE 10.2 I had twonkymusic version 3 running without any problems.

Does anybody know how to configure openSuSE / openSuSE firewall to passthrough UPnP or to solve the problem?

Server-System: openSuSE 10.3 with twonkymedia
Client: Noxon iRadio
Network: Infrastructure (Zyxel Router)
open Ports: UDP 1030, 1900, 9080
TCP 9000
Pinging the client: Success
Command "route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev eth0" was entered

Thanks a lot

meica

Post by meica » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:01 pm

OKAY,

so far I'm able to see the files on my NOXON-client. The solution is easy but dangerous:

Disable the firewall completely and restart openSuSE. After a few moments the connection between twonkyserver and the client is set up automatically.

But now another question: Can anybody tell me what rights twinkyvision server exactly needs to work properly with an active firewall?

oxymoron

Post by oxymoron » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:09 am

I am using an older version of Suse Linux, but I think your version does supports the features described below too.

The network interface is assigned to a zone: internal, DMZ or external. Firewall settings are applied to the zone, not the network interface. Make sure, that the firewall settings apply to the zone to which the network interface was assigned.

meica

Post by meica » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:06 pm

Great work! Thanks for the tip. The problem was that the wrong firewall zone was configured. Now it works fine. In combination with a Terratec Noxon iRadio another thing to know is that sometimes twonkyserver is only found after rebooting the iRadio.