Twonky 4.4 on Fedora Core 8

Linux and UNIX specific discussions
Zebedee
AV Hardware:Pinnacle Soundbridge
Twonky 4.4 on Fedora Core 8

Post by Zebedee » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:00 am

I have installed Twonky 4.4 on Fedora Core 8 so that it autostarts at boot. This works fine: twonky automatically starts when i boot into Fedora. However my Pinnacle soundbridge reports "connection to server failed". This has nothing to do with the firewall - it happens even if the firewall is deactivated.
The problem is solved as soon as i restart twonky manually: the soundbridge connects to twonky with no problem. What on earth might be the reason for this? It feels like there should be a simple solution, but i can't find it, even though i've tinkered around for hours now...

Zebedee
AV Hardware:Pinnacle Soundbridge

Re: Twonky 4.4 on Fedora Core 8

Post by Zebedee » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:01 pm

Ok, here's what i finally did to "solve" the problem: downgrade to twonky 4.3. I saw the previous thread describing a similar problem in Ubuntu, tried out the modification of the twonky startup script described there and found that that caused even more problems: i no longer could access the server through web interface.
Since version 4.4 also had an annoying bug in the music tree (albums being confused with folders), i returned to 4.3 and everything works without problems...