Need help installin on an eisfair linux server

Linux and UNIX specific discussions
patlabor
AV Hardware:TwonkyVision Trial running on XP, DNT ipdio, trying to install TwonkyVision Trial on Eisfair flavor linux
Need help installin on an eisfair linux server

Post by patlabor » Wed May 07, 2008 11:31 pm

Hello everybody,

just doing my first steps with Twonky today.
Installed it on a XP laptop to see if it works with my av reciver, which worked perfectly.
now i want to install it on a permanent basis on my Eisfairhttp://www.eisfair.org/en/home/the-eisfair-project/ Linux Server.

got the install script via wget, chmod 777 it, but when i try to run the script i get the following errors.

eis 1.5.2 # ./twonkymedia-i386-glibc-2.2.5.sh
which: no xmessage in (/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin)
./
./RevisionHistory
tar: Skipping to next header

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--length error
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
sed: can't read /usr/local/TwonkyVision/twonkymedia.sh: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/usr/local/TwonkyVision/twonkymedia.sh': No such file or directory
./twonkymedia-i386-glibc-2.2.5.sh: chkconfig: command not found
Starting server ...
./twonkymedia-i386-glibc-2.2.5.sh: /usr/local/TwonkyVision/twonkymedia.sh: No such file or directory
Installation finished
eis 1.5.2 #

anyone knows how to fix that?
would really love to use twonky since its exactly what i am looking for and seems to be working smoothly with my dnt ipdio.

don
AV Hardware:Current:
Server: Ubuntu Linux box w/mirrored 500gb partition loaded with DVD video files ripped w/DVDShrink, shared via samba
Clients: Various Windows machines using WMP or Win Media Center

Proposed: Add a PS3 into the mix

Re: Need help installin on an eisfair linux server

Post by don » Sat May 31, 2008 9:01 pm

I get the same error when trying to install on my Ubuntu box. It suggests the downloaded file is corrupt, but I've tried re-downloading it several times on several machines, never with any reported errors, but I always get the crc error thing when trying to install.

craggy

Post by craggy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:56 pm

I am also seeing this on Ubuntu Hardy.
I have just switched my server over to Ubuntu (from Windows) and was hoping to install Twonky as it's what I'm used to.

gnen
AV Hardware:UPnP server: TwonkyMedia V4.4.5; OS: Linux eisfair-fileserver
UPnP client: FritzMini

Post by gnen » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:12 am

patlabor wrote:Hello everybody,

just doing my first steps with Twonky today.
Installed it on a XP laptop to see if it works with my av reciver, which worked perfectly.
now i want to install it on a permanent basis on my Eisfairhttp://www.eisfair.org/en/home/the-eisfair-project/ Linux Server.

got the install script via wget, chmod 777 it, but when i try to run the script i get the following errors.

eis 1.5.2 # ./twonkymedia-i386-glibc-2.2.5.sh
which: no xmessage in (/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin)
./
./RevisionHistory
tar: Skipping to next header

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--length error
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
sed: can't read /usr/local/TwonkyVision/twonkymedia.sh: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/usr/local/TwonkyVision/twonkymedia.sh': No such file or directory
./twonkymedia-i386-glibc-2.2.5.sh: chkconfig: command not found
Starting server ...
./twonkymedia-i386-glibc-2.2.5.sh: /usr/local/TwonkyVision/twonkymedia.sh: No such file or directory
Installation finished
eis 1.5.2 #

anyone knows how to fix that?
would really love to use twonky since its exactly what i am looking for and seems to be working smoothly with my dnt ipdio.
Hello, I´m a eisfair-user.
Please download "Linux x86 (for manual installation)", unpack it and transfer it via WinSCP to /usr/local/TwonkyVision, chmod 777 to the directory.
Login at eisfair with root, change directory to /usr/local and run again the script ./twonkymedia-i386-glibc-2.2.5.sh.
Now it should work.
My problem since now, I didn´t implement the autostart-function, discript in the manual under linux installation.
Good Luck
Greetings from Dreieich, Germany