Twonky Update from 4.4.2 to 4.4.6

Linux and UNIX specific discussions
klaus123
Twonky Update from 4.4.2 to 4.4.6

Post by klaus123 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:56 am

Hello

Sorry, but I am not very familiar with linux even I run a debian server (CT-Version) with Twonky media for more than one year.
I run Version 4.4.2 and due to my sons XBox I want to update to the new version. Whar must I do to just update without loosing my old settings?

Thaks fopr you help
KLaus

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Re: Twonky Update from 4.4.2 to 4.4.6

Post by mgillespie » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:02 am

All your settings are held in a file called: twonkyvision-mediaserver.ini

Where this is located depends upon your system configuration. It may be in the program directory, or it may be in /etc or /etc/conf.d/

As long as you have a backup of this file, you can stop the mediaserver process, extract the new files, and start it again, all should be fine (the linux zip does not contain a configuration file, so yours should be retained just fine).

It's highly recommended to rebuild your database after upgrading. (do this in the web UI, under Maintenance)

Hope this helps!
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.