TwonkyServer 5 and transcoding

Linux and UNIX specific discussions
Aikidoka
AV Hardware:Kubutu w/ TwonkyServer 5
PS3 client
TwonkyServer 5 and transcoding

Post by Aikidoka » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:08 pm

So did transcoding make it into version 5? It would be nice to be able to play my ogg/vorbis files on the PS3. I don't think Sony will be adding support anytime soon. I also don't seem to see to much documentation on the Twonky site.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Re: TwonkyServer 5 and transcoding

Post by mgillespie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:29 pm

It's in there. If you look in the cgi-bin directory, there is a transcoding.html documenting how it works.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

Aikidoka
PS3 client

Post by Aikidoka » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:50 pm

mgillespie wrote:It's in there. If you look in the cgi-bin directory, there is a transcoding.html documenting how it works.
Great! Thanks! Hopefully I can get it up and running without any issues. :mrgreen:

Aikidoka
PS3 client

Post by Aikidoka » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:42 pm

Not having much luck. There doesn't seem to be a way to use logging to actually confirm Twonky sees the transcoding options. I've set up location files, installed the actual apps, and have been trying to setup transcoding for ogg files for my PS3 and Samsung TV. Would greatly appreciate it if anybody who has gotten this working in Linux would chime in.