Can't get twonky working right with fc10

Linux and UNIX specific discussions
vifa84
Can't get twonky working right with fc10

Post by vifa84 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:57 pm

I have had twonkymedia 3.1 working for a few years streaming from fc5 to media players around my house. I recently bought the latest twonky5.0 and have been trying to get it going for the last few days without a lot of luck. I installed it in the /usr/local/twonkymedia directory. configured through html, but it doesn't show up on the media players most of the time. It does show up every now and then and starts to allow navigation, but soon gives a lost connection to media player error. I thought it might be a firewall issue so I disabled the firewall in fc10 as the linksys router already has one. Is there any upnp settings in fc10? I'm using the wrt610 linksys router, which i bought recently but I might try going back to the old dlink router to see if that changes anything. It's weird because i also have the A-110 popcorn hour set up as a server and the dlink receivers are picking that server up fine.

MrQuade
AV Hardware:Twonkymedia 5 running on Fedora 10
PS3

Re: Can't get twonky working right with fc10

Post by MrQuade » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:59 pm

None, that I know of.

I am running Twonky 5 on FC10 and am not having any dramas with detection from media players.

My installation is largely vanilla, although I have installed all of the optional transcoding packages to go with it.