TwonkServ 5 won't boot at startup...

Linux and UNIX specific discussions
poppy
AV Hardware:Xbox 360, Linksys Router, Box running Ubuntu 8.10 w/ Twonky to share media to 360
TwonkServ 5 won't boot at startup...

Post by poppy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:27 am

Hello,

I'm running TwonkServ v5 under Ubuntu 8.10. Every time I want to stream content using Twonk after turning on my PC I have to open the web interface and push the 'restart server button' before my Xbox360 will see the content. How can I get Twonky to boot at start-up (pref before login)?

I've searched but many threads seem inconclusive. Thanks in advance!!

HornedBeast
AV Hardware:XBOX 360
Linksys Router
Linux, Ubuntu Server 8.04.

Re: TwonkServ 5 won't boot at startup...

Post by HornedBeast » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:50 pm

If you follow this thread EXACTLY, you shouldn't have any problems.

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5065

It seemed to work fine for most people (until Twonky got borked a while back - but is now fixed).

Good luck! Let us know if this doesn't work.

ChiefBroady
AV Hardware:PS3

Post by ChiefBroady » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:26 pm

If i am not mistaken, the server is already running when you can access the webinterface.

If you see the Server, with no content, thant this might be a scanning problem. If you don't see the server, you could try rechecking for media servers on the xbox, as this might be a problem on the xbox's site.

poppy
AV Hardware:Xbox 360, Linksys Router, Box running Ubuntu 8.10 w/ Twonky to share media to 360

Post by poppy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:15 pm

First off, thanks to both for your help. :) Chief I guess I should look into this a bit first as I can consistently boot up the machine and imiediately access the web interface through firefox. Its just that as indicated above; it isn't detected by the 360 until after I reboot from interface.

Which makes me wonder, would a firewall cause Twonky startup to falter? I'm using Firestarter firewall.

If I can't get it to startup correctly I'll look at Beast's suggestion.

I'll mess around with it tonight and report back.