Twonky slow to show up

Linux and UNIX specific discussions
blueteq
AV Hardware:LINN SNEAKY DS
Twonky slow to show up

Post by blueteq » Tue May 26, 2009 8:29 am

I have just posted this on the vortex box forum, as I installed Twonky on it to do my music sharing to a Linn DS system.
It give a good overview of where I am at. I would apreciate some pointing in the right direction.

Thanks

----------------------
I have been looking long and hard for a solution that I could use as a automated music ripping station. Vortexbox is the closest I can get on a decent platform.Bought a box and its running 100% on a VIA Motherboard (Mini-ITX). I only need the ripping part of vortexbox and then serve all my content to my Linn DS player via UPnP.

Problem I had was ushare it was not showing up in my UPnP Software, being impatient I disabled uShare and installed Twonky. Which I got up and running, same problem persisted. Then I found that it does eventually show up if the app is open for more than a minute. Although only one Linn App actually sees the twonky server.

I have a iPhone Remote App, same issue, only after some time it becomes visible, and the same happens on my N800 using MediaStreamer and LaiaDS.

I have changed the Vortexbox port to 9111 (both places, admin pages and the PHP file) so it wont conflict with Twonky.

Side note: once connected via the Linn Gui application it would queue and play music just fine.

Will appreciate some help here, I know very little about linux, can navigate around and know some commands etc...
-------------