AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia Server 5
Playstation 3 (v1) w/320gb
This key is already in use by another instance of the server

Post by skywatcher78 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:55 pm

*** Host: Ubuntu 32bit 8.04.3
*** TwonkyMedia Server: 5.0.55 and 5.0.68 and also 5.1 beta
*** Client: PS3 v1

Hi,

now that I just would have loved to stream some vids to my PS3, the Twonkyserver made my day. :-(
When I connect to the config-interface on port 9000 the server says: "This key is already in use by another instance of the server."

For now I'm again totally rid of this software. Since I paid for v4 nothing worked, even not better when I tried the v5 (which I also bought). v5 worked for month but I didn't have the time to use it that much. And now this error. The whole software is useless as I can't see anything on the PS3 anymore.

But ok, I thought to get my solved quickly I just delete all of that Twonky-stuff from my Ubuntu 8.04.3 (so that is /opt/twonkymedia/* and /var/twonkymedia/* ) and do a fresh and clean install.
When I did that I had to enter the serial number again and it first said that the serial was not valid for v5 and after some reloading of the status page it said again that "This key is already in use by another instance of the server." Booo.

So for now I'm stuck and would like to know if anyone of you has had such a problem before...

Michael

Briain
AV Hardware:Linn Klimax DS
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Re: This key is already in use by another instance of the server

Post by Briain » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi

Read here http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6982

Restart Twonky without its internet connection, then connect the internet; it's a temporary fault and that trick might get you going again until it's fixed.

skywatcher78
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia Server 5
Playstation 3 (v1) w/320gb

Re: This key is already in use by another instance of the server

Post by skywatcher78 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Thanx go out to Briain, I solved the problem with two entries in /etc/hosts file.
Briain wrote:Hi

Read here http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6982

Restart Twonky without its internet connection, then connect the internet; it's a temporary fault and that trick might get you going again until it's fixed.