Why no iTunes and iPhoto playlist / album support?

everything about MacOS
djpumpkin
AV Hardware:Panasonic TX-L37DT30 37
Why no iTunes and iPhoto playlist / album support?

Post by djpumpkin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:22 pm

I have just got the latest version of Twonky server set up on my Macbook Pro and it has connected very easily to my Panasonic Panasonic TX-L37DT30 37.

I can rummage through folders and view by date etc, but what I want of course is to be able to access my iTunes playlists and iPhoto albums - but neither of these shows up!

Without these features i don't see that Twonky server is very useful.

djpumpkin
AV Hardware:Panasonic TX-L37DT30 37

Re: Why no iTunes and iPhoto playlist / album support?

Post by djpumpkin » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:41 pm

OK, it turns out iPhoto albums are showing up - there are just so many of them (one for each import) it's confusing but this is down to Apple not Twonky.

Also it is possible to get your iTunes playlists showing up - but you have to manually edit the config file at ~/Library/Application Support/twonkymedia-server.ini

Open this file with a text editor and change the line:

# full path to the iTunes library .xml file
ituneslib=/Users/USERNAME/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml

Change the USERNAME to your own. Restart Twonky and you should find your playlists.

This really should be an option in the configuration pane - maybe in the next release (please)?

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Why no iTunes and iPhoto playlist / album support?

Post by Twonky_Rick » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:16 pm

Thanks for reporting this. I have forwarded your posts to our engineers.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/