Again: rescan settings won't work and other problems

everything about MacOS
arachnos
Again: rescan settings won't work and other problems

Post by arachnos » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:45 pm

Hello

I write in the same post as yesterday. Why this post has been deleted?

On my MacPro with OS X 10.6.8 and Twonkyserver 6.0.37 installed, automatic rescan does not work. I set it on -1 and restart the server as recommended. Nothing happens and the message "please note that some of the applied changes will only become effective after a server restart" is always be shown - even after restarting Firefox and shutting down and restarting the server manually. I've de- and reinstalled twonky - no changes.

The changed rescan value is set again to 60 from -1 set by me and saved. But....also the rescan is not working after 60 Minutes. All changes in my folder structure cannot be seen in the twonky media browser!

The media browser (HTML) is another point. I've set the navigation tree to "by Folder". When using it i can see only 57 folders - but there are several hundrets available!!

I guess there is a generela problem with twonky configuration on my mac.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards
Stephan
TwonkyServer 8.3 on Mac OS X 10.11.6 / MAC OS X 10.12
TwonkyServer 8.2.1.0 on QNAP TS-439 Pro II

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Again: rescan settings won't work and other problems

Post by Twonky_Rick » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:02 pm

It wasn't intentionally deleted. We had a server problem and had to restore our backup to get online. We lost several hours of posts as a result. :(

We're very sorry this occured and are taking steps to prevent it from happening again. Thanks for reposting.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

Donky
AV Hardware:Late 2010 MacBookPro 13" - MacOSX version 10.6.8 - Lacie Network Space 2

Post by Donky » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:21 am

So it seems Twonky has forum server problems as well! Same issues here as well with the force quiet shutdown issue. When customers send you an email with their issues it would be nice to get some support here. I read alot of Twonky Mac users with issues and non responsive Twonky support. I contacted you as well and your advice was arrogant and not helpfull, so now i'm using this and other forums to debate your software and support team. I asked for a refund because your software is not working on MacBook(Pro) computers but you didn't won't to give me back my money. So i advice all Mac users not to buy your software!! I repeat: MAC USERS, DON"T BUY TWONKY SOFTWARE!!

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:21 pm

You do realize that I'm trying to help you with your problem. Right? How many other sites can you go to an have a direct dialog with the Product Manager? Not many.

Since it seems you have an ax to grind I'll be happy to issue you a refund if you send me a PM with the e-mail that you used to buy the software. After the refund is issued, there will be no reason for you to post on this forum again.

- Rick

Donky
AV Hardware:Late 2010 MacBookPro 13" - MacOSX version 10.6.8 - Lacie Network Space 2

Post by Donky » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:23 am

I gave Twonky the benefit of the doubt. But after two months and a second new version 6.0.38 the problems are still there!? You didn't offer me a refund earlier when i asked for it and did not tell me you are diggin harder into the problems. Why release a new versions if the known issues are still there? Who are you trying to please here. It's a shame i have to use this forum to get some attention. I think alot of Mac users have lost there trust in your software but won't speak up. When someone does you get a bit frustrated and you want to ban me from this forum? Now you feel how we feel!

I've send to support another email with the refund request. I already got a reply that they will look into it...

arachnos

Post by arachnos » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:29 pm

Any news to my problem(s)?
TwonkyServer 8.3 on Mac OS X 10.11.6 / MAC OS X 10.12
TwonkyServer 8.2.1.0 on QNAP TS-439 Pro II

Tellicious
AV Hardware:MacBook Pro mid 2009, WD TV Live Hub, Lacie LaCinema Black Max

Post by Tellicious » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:12 pm

same problem here!scan value changes from -1 to 60 by itself..also i cannot change the individual navigation tree..it keeps reverting after every server restart!

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:55 am

TwonkyServer 6.0 does not support file system eventing for MacOS. When eventing is not supported TwonkyServer defaults back to timer-based scanning and uses 60 minutes as default. So what you are reporting is the expected behavior on MacOS. Last I heard we were planning to address this issue in TwonkyServer 7.0. If you want to test this you might want to look for the Twonky 7 download link in the myTwonky section of this forum.

- Rick