how do you uninstall twonky trial

everything about MacOS
ruhem
how do you uninstall twonky trial

Post by ruhem » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:05 am

I installed a trial version off a random website and it doesn't work as well as i hoped, and there's no interface for the program, i just opened the package and it installed, i don't know how the **** to get if out now because i want to unblock the ports it's using, how do you uninstall this monster? i want to try a different program to connect my mac to my 360. any help appreciated.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:00 am

use the uninstall script from the download section

cherrs
Tom

felahughes

Post by felahughes » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:42 pm

I need to uninstall twonky. How do you do it? How do you stop the server even? I ran the script file from the website and rebooted but it's still there.

kalleanka

Uninstall on mac

Post by kalleanka » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:30 pm

Same question... I ran the script, but it tells me its a "classic" application, and tries to start OS 9 (which is not installed). this is on a G4 mac mini, if that matters.

Thanks.

JordaN

Mac Uninstall

Post by JordaN » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:39 pm

Yeah, the script doesn't work.

Just delete the following directories (you will be asked to authenticate):

/Library/StartupItems/MediaServer
/usr/local/mediaserver

That worked for me. The directory '/usr' is hidden in the Finder, but you can get to it via the command line or a program like 'Path Finder' ( cocoatech dot com ).

murfett-au

Even with PathFinder I could not delete /usr/mediaserver

Post by murfett-au » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:11 am

I could not find how to bring up the "/usr" directory in Pathfinder. I guess this is more of a question of how Apple OS-X relates to real unix/linux.

The Mac uninstall script DID remove the directory.

Cheers

domerdel

uninstall script removed from download section

Post by domerdel » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:19 pm

i cannot find the uninstall script anywhere on the download section for Mac OS X.

doalwa@mac.com
AV Hardware:Sony Playstation 3, Apple MacBook Pro 15 inch running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5

Re: how do you uninstall twonky trial

Post by doalwa@mac.com » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:44 pm

Hey,

I realize this thread is quite old, but since there hasn't been another post or thread on this subject for quite some time, I figured I might as well hijack this thread instead of creating a new one...

I've downloaded the TwonkyVision Server a few weeks ago since I was looking for a cheap but steady way to access my iTunes Library from my Playstation 3...everything worked as advertised.
However, I've since gotten myself one of those sweet little AppleTVs which negates my orginal need for a third-party solution, I want to get rid of my TwonkyVision installation?

My question is: How do I get rid of TwonkyVision? There doesn't seem to be an uninstall script, and I'm not sure which directories I'd have to delete manually in order to fully remove TwonkyVision...

I'd be extremely grateful if anyone could clue me in on this one...

TIA,

Dominik

rincewind
AV Hardware:MacBook (OS X Leopard), ps3 and xbox 360

Re: how do you uninstall twonky trial

Post by rincewind » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:24 pm

Where on earth is the uninstall script for OS X?

I cant find the directories mentioned in the above posts either.

Cheers,

Rincewind