on unsupported data resolved with 4.4 beta mac

everything about MacOS
yellowdog22
on unsupported data resolved with 4.4 beta mac

Post by yellowdog22 » Tue May 29, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi I'm new to twonkyvision. I found it after upgrading my ps3 to 1.8 and saw that sony added support for dnla devices. I used the redkawa ps3 converter on a pc to covert 10 or so films in avi format. I then copied them over to my mac. I could not get any of the redkawa files to play using 4.3. Then in desperation i tried the 4.4 beta and hey presto it works like a dream. I'm now streaming from my mac to ps3! Long may Twonky Vision support the mac!

THE REVENGE

Post by THE REVENGE » Tue May 29, 2007 6:18 pm

??? i don't get what your saying ?
avi ?
who uses avi ?
i'm waiting for the mac to be able to stream mp4 thats what i payed for and i'm still not getting ! :evil:

srammij

Post by srammij » Tue May 29, 2007 6:59 pm

I actually have a lot of .avi files... all my Lost episodes.

Anyways... i too am waiting for full MP4 support, i can only wish that there was also avi support as well...

It would be nice to get an answer or two from developers on this... and what we actually have to look forward to.

yellowdog22

everyone uses avi/divx/xvid

Post by yellowdog22 » Tue May 29, 2007 7:45 pm

Are u mad? ;)
Seriously folks... Avi support would be dogs bollocks.
But isn't that a PS3 thing, not a twonky or any other media server thing.
I don't see many mp4's at the moment in my downloads of the net. But more to the point the files I'm streaming from my mac to the ps3 ARE mp4's!
As I said I'm using redkawa ps3 converter. Maybe thats the key. I've read pretty much all over that the frame rate is important.

THE REVENGE

Re: everyone uses avi/divx/xvid

Post by THE REVENGE » Wed May 30, 2007 12:32 am

yellowdog22 wrote:Are u mad? ;)
Seriously folks... Avi support would be dogs bollocks.
But isn't that a PS3 thing, not a twonky or any other media server thing.
I don't see many mp4's at the moment in my downloads of the net. But more to the point the files I'm streaming from my mac to the ps3 ARE mp4's!
As I said I'm using redkawa ps3 converter. Maybe thats the key. I've read pretty much all over that the frame rate is important.

Oke but i think redkawa dus not excist for MAC OSX just for windows :?:

srammij

Post by srammij » Wed May 30, 2007 6:05 am

What would be the point of using Redkawa if it's PC only. I'm certainly not going to transfer all my files from my mac to my pc to convert them and then send them back!

There's some sort of problem that Twonky has sending info over when it streams. MP4's i have that work on the PS3 on a usb drive, don't work through Twonky... so something is lacking here. I'm not reconverting my 200 already existing MP4's just because Twonky can't handle streaming them properly.

yellowdog22

Post by yellowdog22 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:04 am

Its just a workaround I'm not saying it'll be like that for ever. Keep your hat on guys.

Mac Tom

Post by Mac Tom » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:24 am

I also read in all my CD?s in AAC with 320kbit, an it take me day?s to finish this. Now I?ve thousand?s of songs on my mac and more than 80 GB, so it?s impossible to dl the files to my PS3. The only way is to update this genis software tool to make the impossible possible :wink:
Please Twonkey Group, make this small step to make this software perfect :lol: