Unwanted Alphabetical order of music files

everything about MacOS
martinbo66
AV Hardware:Mac Mini - Denon AVR3808 - AppleTV4 - Samsung Plasma
Unwanted Alphabetical order of music files

Post by martinbo66 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:31 pm

I have been using Twonkyserver for several years now. Started with Twonky on a WD MyBook, later on a self built Linux server. Several times there were issues with the sorting of music files, they were displayed in alphabetical order, rather than in the normal 01, 02, 03, ... order. I could solve this by making changes in the view-definitions.xml file.

Now I have installed Twonkyserver on an early 2009 Mac mini, which I would like to use as a server for my music files. Again the alphabetical problem pops up, which makes Twonky quite useless for me. And the installation on OSX El Capitan does not have a view-definitions.xml file. So no idea how I can fix this issue.

Found another topic with the same question on this forum, but without an answer to the problem.

Anyone any idea ??

Thanks and regards,
Martin

martinbo66
AV Hardware:Mac Mini - Denon AVR3808 - AppleTV4 - Samsung Plasma

Re: Unwanted Alphabetical order of music files

Post by martinbo66 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:34 pm

# Enable byfolder subtrees to show filenames instead of titles (0 show titles - default, 1 show filenames without extension, 2 show filenames with extension)
usefilenameinfolderview=1

Putting usefilenameinfolderview on 1 in the twonkyserver.ini file seems to do the trick.