iMac Intel, PS3 and Apple Airport Extreme

everything about MacOS
csjasona
iMac Intel, PS3 and Apple Airport Extreme

Post by csjasona » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:54 pm

Ok, so I have version 4.4.2 of Twonly (purchased), latest updates on the iMac and the PS3. I was able to see the media server on the PS£ - and saw a list of the music and vids, etc. But then the PS3 was disconnected. Not been able to get it back to the media server since, despite restarting the PS3, the Mac, Twonky, etc.

I've set up indivisual directories for music, video and photos and have iTunes shown as the 3rd party external application.

Even "search for media servers" in PS3 now doesn't return Twonky.

Incidentally, where I come from "twonky" is slang for something that doesn't work - intentional? :)

csjasona

S O R T E D

Post by csjasona » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:30 pm

Elsewhere, Burm has posted what I needed to do:

---
So, I went into Twonky's config settings, then to "Network," and to the "IP Address of the Server" and manually entered in the IP address of the NIC (in this case, my Airport) that I wanted Twonky to run over. Just to be doubly sure that I made the connection as stable as possible I also adjusted my Network settings on my MacBook to DHCP w/ Manual Address, and entered in the IP address, so that it would remain stable.

I then saved the settings and restarted Twonky...haven't had a problem since and its been 2 days.
---

No disconnects now!