Mac OS X + Kodak EX1011 digital pic frame

everything about MacOS
mab2ckc
Mac OS X + Kodak EX1011 digital pic frame

Post by mab2ckc » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:41 pm

Hello All...

I just purchased a Kodak EX1011 Digital Picture Frame (which is on the TwonkyVision supported client list). I want to be able to transfer pics and video to the frame from my PowerMac or iMac running OS X (10.4) via my Apple Airport Extreme network (running G). Im a newbie to TwonkyVision and need some assistance. Can somebody please provide me an overview of how this works and the necessary steps I need to take to make this configuration work?

Thanks!
Mike

deMoog

Post by deMoog » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:23 am

Hi Mike,
I've just setup an EX1011 myself and it works fine. Here's how:
Install Twonky and restart your mac
Point your browser at http://127.0.0.1:9000 to get to the configuration thingie.
On the left choose Sharing and tell it where your content is. I personally don't like the idea of using /Macintosh HD/Users so I unselected that directory.
On the same page change the Rescan In Minutes to whatever suits you. Setting it to -1 is supposed to mean it doesn't have to rescan but that doesn't seem to work for me.
Finally go back to First Steps on the left and then hit the Restart Server button. You should be able to see your Network Computer on your EX1011 menu now but if not restart your mac and it should work. After that just follow the Wireless Setup Guide that came with your EX1011

Hope that was of help :)

mab2ckc

Post by mab2ckc » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:22 pm

Thanks for the reply! Im really glad to hear that this works, I had my doubts.

Did you have to install any of the Kodak (easyshare) software? Just curious what your install steps where on the pic frame side, if any.

Thanks again!
Mike