Mac Won't Boot Up After Install

everything about MacOS
jakwgrav
Mac Won't Boot Up After Install

Post by jakwgrav » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:48 pm

I downloaded the 30 Day trial of Twonky for mac, and after I installed it, it asked me to reset. I clicked reset, and now after the screen with the Apple logo, the screen turns blue like it about to start up and my cursor shows up in the top left, and it just keeps cycling here. The cusor will go away, and then it will come back, and repeat endlessly.

boringo1994pr

Sorry your situation seems to have been ignored

Post by boringo1994pr » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:52 am

Don't know if you found it yet, but do a safe boot by holding the shift key down while restarting. Because it can take some time for the OS to go through rebuilds, verifications, etc. during a Safe Boot, I just leave a stapler or screwdrive on the shift key and then just walk away until it's complete.

Without knowing your hardware and OSX version, I can't help much. But, many times after a Safe Boot, then another Restart, things get back to normal. Another common, but always helpful, solution is to use Disk Utility and Repair Permissions, especially after installing new software. Repair your permissions after you've done a Safe Boot, then Restart.

Hope I'm not talking down here...I don't know what your level of knowledge on Mac inner-workings is.