everything about MacOS
keysersoze
AV Hardware:Apple iMac
OSX Leopard
ZyXEL DMA1000
Silent Startup?

Post by keysersoze » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:05 pm

Hello,

I've recetly purchased TwonkyMedia v4.4.4. Its running on my iMac (Intel/Leopard). It does seem to work with my ZyXEL unit.
I'd like to know a couple of things:

[*] Is there a way to automatically run this application every time I start my computer?
[*] Can I open the MediaServer app without making it open up my browser?
[*] Is there a tool/hack to allow me to access TwonkyMedia within the 'System Preferences' area?

Thanks for your help in advance.

_hendrik

Re: Silent Startup?

Post by _hendrik » Mon May 26, 2008 10:59 am

[*] Is there a way to automatically run this application every time I start my computer?
[*] Can I open the MediaServer app without making it open up my browser?
[*] Is there a tool/hack to allow me to access TwonkyMedia within the 'System Preferences' area?
1)
- Pull the program onto the dock, right-click, and choose "Open at Login"
or
- Go to System Preferences, Accounts and select "Login Items" for your user. You will be able to select "Mediaserver", which will then automatically started when logging in.

2)
You can edit the file /Applications/Mediaserver.app/Contents/MacOS/twonkymedia.sh and remove the last line ("open http://localhost:9000") -- that will prevent your browser from popping up.

3) To my best knowledge, that has not yet been done, but might be an option to include in the future. You can, however, always point your browser to http://localhost:9000/config and will find the configuration screen.

Cheers!
Hendrik

martymcr
AV Hardware:Pure Evoke Flow

Re: Silent Startup?

Post by martymcr » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:26 pm

You may need to edit the permissions on the twonkymedia.sh file to be able to save the changed version, but thanks for the great tip - the web browser starting was annoying me!

To change the permissions, do a 'Get Info' on the file, click the lock at the bottom right and enter your password, click the + and select your name, then change your permissions to read/write and if you wish click the lock again - you should now be able to save the amended file.