New to Mac, clean installation, but twonky 4.4.5 wont serve

everything about MacOS
pjp
AV Hardware:d-link dsm510, wal3300 imac used as a server
New to Mac, clean installation, but twonky 4.4.5 wont serve

Post by pjp » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:17 pm

I need help.

I have been using twonky for some time on a PC without any (serious), problems...

However I recently swapped to a mac. The machine is new imac, with nothing on it other than the software as delivered.

I tried to instal twonky 4.4.5, which worked.

I can access the configuration page, and the media browser works fine from the mac, and the clients. (These clients, have worked and still work with twonky server on the PC).

However when I attempt to stream any content.....nothing.

I am a total newb to mac, so any support would be much appreciated.

cpeel2300
AV Hardware:Intel Mac Mini [Leopard 10.5.3]
PS3 w/latest firmware

Re: New to Mac, clean installation, but twonky 4.4.5 wont serve

Post by cpeel2300 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:17 pm

I've just installed 4.4.5 (new to Twonky - previously been using EyeConnect) and I couldn't even get my PS3 to see the server. I did post to this forum but it's since started working okay. If you can post more info about your set up it would be useful but basically mine seemed to boil down to network problems rather than a software issue.

Here's what I did - maybe one or more of these made it work...

1. Made sure EyeConnect wasn't running
2. Killed (force quit) the eyeconnectd process
3. Bound the Media Server to my Mac'd IP address (I did this because I'm NOT using DHCP)
4. Left the Mac's firewall on its default setting ('allow all incoming connections')
5. Made sure I could 'see' my Mac from my PS3 by browsing the local website I have set up on it

After that, it all seemed to fit together. I rebooted my router (BT home hub) several times as there seemed to be a problem with either DNS and/or the WPA keys and I even re-created the LAN connection from my PS3.

Anyway, streaming video from my Mac without any problems - so far! :)

Dsyphon
AV Hardware:Dlink DSM-320RD

Re: New to Mac, clean installation, but twonky 4.4.5 wont serve

Post by Dsyphon » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:59 pm

I'm having the same problem, with the Mac, I also have a WD mybook 500 gig.

I can view my songs (mp3 format) and video (vob format) but they wont play, the device I'm using is a dsm320rd

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated