Leopard Firewall Settings

everything about MacOS
El Guero
AV Hardware:Denon 3808CI
Leopard Firewall Settings

Post by El Guero » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:52 am

I can only get my Denon 3808-CI to connect to TwonkyVision if I set the Leopard firewall to "Allow all incoming connections". I would like to restrict to only necessary connections. I have tried to set up the NoobProof firewall adjunct to open the Twonky ports as specified in the Twonky FAQ. Nothing I try seems to work. The ONLY thing that works (and it seems to work very well) is "Allow all incoming connections". Any ideas how I can harden my system. Thanks.

ireval
AV Hardware:Denon 3808CI / Playstation 3 60GB / XboX 360 Elite / Samsung LNT-4665F / MacBook Pro / iPhone 3G /

Re: Leopard Firewall Settings

Post by ireval » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:04 am

Is there a specific reason why you need to have the firewall up on your computer through System Preferences -> Security -> FIrewall settings?

Unfortunately Allowing all connections is the only way you can actually let the Denon 3808CI through to see the server. Unless you own an Airport Extreme?

If you do own; an Airport Extreme you can assign a Static DHCP to your Denon which will allow it to have that same IP all the time. Then you can try to go through the System Preferences security and firewall and have it come though with the IP address.

PS This is the way i have the setup, I am more than positive you can do this with any other modem or router. Any questions let me know. . .

durf
AV Hardware:UPnP servers

Post by durf » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:58 pm

for firewall I use ProteMac NetMine...anybody else

ireval
AV Hardware:Denon 3808CI / Playstation 3 60GB / XboX 360 Elite / Samsung LNT-4665F / MacBook Pro / iPhone 3G /

Post by ireval » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:27 am

Well, No I don't use that, i just use the firewall that comes pre-installed in Snow Leopard Server under Security within System Preferences. Also those that are within Server Admin.

anindeeta
AV Hardware:TECH.COM

Post by anindeeta » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:52 am

How do I bypass my university firewall to use limewire and second life? I am a student who lives on campus at a university whose network has a firewall that does not allow me to use programs such as limewire and second life. Is there anyway that I can bypass this? How do I do it?
Last edited by anindeeta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas1
AV Hardware:vbb

Post by Thomas1 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:53 pm

For protect my mac i prefer use ProteMac NetMine too.It’s really good firewall.