Addition of music files (showing, but won't play)

everything about MacOS
demolition23
AV Hardware:Linn Sneaky DS, Mac Mini with Twonky Media Server, Plugplayer on iPod Touch/iPhone, Songbird on Mac
Addition of music files (showing, but won't play)

Post by demolition23 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi, When I add songs to my iTunes library (which is the same folder that Twonky is pointed to), the album/songs show up on the controller, but will not play (immediately reverts to "play" triangle, no bar movement).

I've tried adding by (1) ripping in iTunes, and (2) ripping with MAX then adding the songs to iTunes manually, but in both cases it is the same.

I believe it to have worked on the previous version of Twonky (last of 4.x line, I think), and the songs play through the web based Twonky media browser and iTunes, so I do not think it is an issue with corrupt files etc. Also, when I play the songs directly from Songbook Mac (choosing the iTunes library instead of Twonky) they play fine, so I am at a loss.

The songs did get played after I did a "rebuild library", but ... that destroys all of my play lists on PP (points to different songs...), so I do not want to do that every time I add new music, which is pretty much everyday.

Any advise would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My current set up is as follows:
- Renderer : Linn Sneaky DS (Cara 4)
- Server : 5.1.1 on Mac Mini (OSX 10.6.2) with external USB drive housing library
- Controller 1 : iPod Touch/iPhone (both latest available OS), PlugPlayer v.2.5.0
- Controller 2 : Songbook for Mac v.1.7.2.0
- Types of files : All music in ALAC, 21,812 songs, 915 artists, 1,692 albums according to iTunes count. Twonky says 21,900 music tracks.
- Network type : Wired Gig-E network, iPod connected via wireless access point
- Logfile : attached (log_getfile.txt)
Attachments
log_getfile.txt
(1.22KiB)Downloaded 267 times

demolition23
AV Hardware:Linn Sneaky DS, Mac Mini with Twonky Media Server, Plugplayer on iPod Touch/iPhone, Songbird on Mac

Re: Addition of music files (showing, but won't play)

Post by demolition23 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Self Reply..
Tried upgrading to 5.1.2 after deleting the .app and the contents of the Library folder, but still having the same issues.
Rebooted the mac mini (in addition to re-starting the server via web config), waited a couple of hours, but no go...

Just did another database rebuild, and the files play...

Any help would, or pointers for troubleshooting would be appreciated.
Thanks

jiordan
AV Hardware:24" iMac Intel 10.5
DirecTV HD DVR HR21
Airport Extreme
Twonky 5.1.2

Post by jiordan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:03 am

Same issue here. We have an Intel 24" iMac and video runs great, photos too, but iTunes is no joy. We've rebuilt the database, we've restarted the server, we've tried everything. The files are mp3, so they should play, but so far the only recognized file is a .wav file of a recorded business meeting.

We've turned file sharing on in iTunes, and while the DVR sees the files, they are x'd out on the list and will not play. Eyeconnect ran them just fine, through the DVR, so we know it isn't a file recognition issue for the HR21. Totally stumped for what to do, because they will play from the server if clicked on and play in Safari, but for some reason, they cannot be pulled through the DVR (thereby utilizing our surround sound). It's really frustrating as this program handles video and images beautifully.

Please help!

elioscar
AV Hardware:Imac

Post by elioscar » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:59 pm

Hello... I've the same problem... could anyone help us?

Also.. do you know if it's possible have a connection to Spotify from the TV using Twonky as a server?

Thank you!!

demolition23

Resolved with 5.1.3 but New problem arising

Post by demolition23 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi Just upgraded to 5.1.3, and the addition of songs via iTunes is much better.
I can just re-scan (not re-build database) and everything shows up fine.
Don't know what was done, but thanks!.

However, a new problem...
Playlists created on iTunes used to show up, but now only "frequently played", "recently added" and "recently played" show up under the "Playlist" item, both through the media browser and my controller (plugplayer, Songbook Mac/iPod, Kinsky Desktop).

I haven't looked at it throughly, but the itunes import item (?) task that used to take place during folder rescans seems to be not happening any more. Has something changed in the way this works?