Twonky 6.0 does not work with my Mac

everything about MacOS
jhernandez86
AV Hardware:Lacie Mini HD
Twonky 6.0 does not work with my Mac

Post by jhernandez86 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:32 pm

I receive a copy of TwonkyMediaService 5.1.2 but is does not work. I upgrade to 6.0 and it gets worst.

I downgraded to 4.4.18.

I contacted Twonky support, and I have been on emails for now 5 days with not results.

Here is the last email.

Hello Jose,

This problem does not exists with the latest version i.e v6.0. Kindly follow
all the instructions provided in last mail. We recommend you to do the clean
install.

Thanks,
The Twonky Team

SO IN OTHER WORDS "THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH OUR PRODUCT, THE PROBLEM IS ALL IN YOUR END"

I HAVE SEEN THE SAME EMAILS HERE FOR MAC USERS WITH NO POSITIVE RESULTS.

However, I installed the same software on my widows 7 with no problem. go figure

zkoller
AV Hardware:Minimac 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo
External LaCie disk 250 GB
Extrenal Maxtor 1 TB
wired LAN
Panasonic TX-P42G15E connected to LAN

Re: Twonky 6.0 does not work with my Mac

Post by zkoller » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Hi, Jose, I tried 5.1.3. version many times (many clean installs) on my iMac (even when it was absolutely new) and on my Powerbook. I never could even enter license number on iMac. It worked several times in Powerbook. Randomly. When I replaced my hard disk and installed fresh nice Snow Leopard 2 weeks ago and when I immediately installed Twonky (it was first application installed), I have got this message: Safari can’t open the page “http://localhost:9000/config” because Safari can’t connect to the server “localhost”. :roll: So, no surprise. I saw it many many times.

Today I tried to download their version 6.0. You can guess if there is any change :D

Nothing. It works on Acer with Windows 7, so I am not as big idiot as it may appear.

It looks like idiots are on the other side.
Somebody made mistake(s).

Are you there guys from TWONKY? I posted this problem more than half year ago. And I am not alone with similar problem.