Twonky cannot identify ripped cds in AIFF properly

everything about MacOS
Narrowfield
AV Hardware:Linn Akurate DS, Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, iMac,
Twonky cannot identify ripped cds in AIFF properly

Post by Narrowfield » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi,
I used to rip my cds in windows with dbpoweramp in flac. That worked very nicely. Now, as I replaced my broken windows pc with a Mac, being aware that apple does not support flac, I tried ripping AIFF files in itunes, as well as ripping AIFF files on a separate window pc with dbpoweramp again. Twonky can't identify the artists and titles of AIFF files on my ReadyNAS.
Is there a general problem in Twonky supporting AIFF, or have I overlooked anything else?
Thanks in advance for any useful advise.
NF

EdgarWallace

Re: Twonky cannot identify ripped cds in AIFF properly

Post by EdgarWallace » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:41 pm

I can echo that comment - AIFF files are providing meta data is ripped correctly but the Twonky Server on my unRAID NAS is not providing that information to any of the clients. I'm ripping my CD's with XLD by the way.....

So the issue seems to be Twonky. Any help available? Not hint regards the issue in the forum and nothing from the email help available....

chrisjordan
AV Hardware:UnitiQute

Post by chrisjordan » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:53 pm

Same here. Can somebody from Twonky please answer the question?

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:16 am

AIFF is listed as a supported format, but our file scanner does not currently extract full metadata from these files; It just generates metadata from the file system like filename and date. Album art should be supported if you place an image with the same file name in the album folder with the extension “jpg”.

I'll let them know you would like the file scanner to fully support AIFF.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/