SuperNoob needs help... Why can I only see 'Photos' on PS3?

Other OS or NAS discussions
Nudibranch
AV Hardware:MAC OSX, QNAP NAS TS-210, PS3, Android
SuperNoob needs help... Why can I only see 'Photos' on PS3?

Post by Nudibranch » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Hi guys,

So, bare with me... I'm totally new at all this although I do have patience but alas it has run dry with my QNAP NAS, Twonky and PS3 so, here I am.

I just emailed Twonky for help and they referred me here as they have limited support for things like NAS drives etc.

Any help would be most appreciated.

So I have just setup a QNAP NAS TS-210. Macbook Pro is talking to it nicely and all seems well.
When I select Twonky 'NAS' on my PS3 the only folder that appears is 'Photos'. I guess this is created either by Twonky or the NAS and is somewhere there but I'm unable to see anything on the drive by using 'Finder' or 'Houdini'.
I haven't created this folder either.... by now I'm sure some of you are already on to it....

Basically, I'd like to created a folder on the NAS 'Multimedia' organise my files into Video, Pictures, Music and have that displayed.
Your thoughts?

Big thanks in advance.

P.S I'm now running Twonky 6.0.33 after updating the NAS from Twonky 5.X.X (Can't remember)

P.P.S Just tried the Twonky Server again and now theres 'Video' aswel as 'Photos'. I didn't change anything though I don't think.

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: SuperNoob needs help... Why can I only see 'Photos' on P

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:04 pm

The server was probably still scanning your files when you started browsing your media. That's why not everything was there. Music is scanned first.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/