veerle14
AV Hardware:IPAD
PC
DREAMBOX
NAS SITECOM MD254
Sitecom MD-254 connect with twonky

Post by veerle14 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:36 am

Hello,

I have bought a sitecom MD-254 NAS with twonkyserver on it.
On the NAS there are 2 directory's called PUBLIC with the system software and a selfmade called MEDIA.
When i got o twonkyserver i can't get by the directory MEDIA.
with the windows explorer i can see these shared maps on several pc's.
Why can't i set these directories in twonkyserver?

sorry for my bad english

Weerz
AV Hardware:MD-254

Re: Sitecom MD-254 connect with twonky

Post by Weerz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Same question/problem here. It just looks at the public folder and the folders in public.

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Sitecom MD-254 connect with twonky

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:34 pm

Here is the response I received from our server team. I'm not sure if it's helpful, but I thought I would share it anyway.

Sitecom has configured the server with this “contentbase” setting pointing to one of these directories, which prevents the server from seeing the other. This is usually done purposefully so that the user only sees the folders in the area of the NAS where they intend for the user to store media for the TwonkyServer to index. The contentbase property works as a kind of “changeroot” setting effectively shielding everything from TwonkyServer that is not beyond the contentbase path. Sitecom has embedded TwonkyServer, so you may consider also approaching Sitecom’s support for help on this.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/