QNAP TS412

Other OS or NAS discussions
razorbak
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-412
QNAP TS412

Post by razorbak » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:48 am

Hi having some problems with my QNAP with the built in Twonky Software.
Does this support MKV'S??? i want to stream them as they are bluray quality from 8gb to 20gb files.

i can stream my other smaller AVI ect without problem but this does not seem to work

please can anyone help?

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: QNAP TS412

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:17 pm

Although MKV isn't on the official list of supported formats, many users stream it everyday without problems. I've streamed a 20-30GB Blu-ray movie at home, but only some devices and networks can handle these types of files. For the best results you'll need a Gigabyte Ethernet network and a server with a fast CPU and disk. Also, some devices have problems buffering files with data rates that high. For example, on our Samsung TV, it takes a minute or two for the video to get relatively smooth playback rates.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

razorbak
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-412

Re: QNAP TS412

Post by razorbak » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:32 am

ok now i am having another problem. i have managed to get the system to reconize the mkv files and they are in there.
problem is i have 5 tvs running on the network. now my 2 63" series 7 plasma run the mkv files but problem is my 3 other tv's 1 64 series 8 plasma and 2 40" led 6400 series dont like the format MKV. if i ran the system off my pc and renamed the files to avi for the hd movies they would run problem is the QNAP TS412 will not pickup the files if i have them name to avi they only reconize if they are MKV. HELP!

>< this is really frustrating.