HELP

Other OS or NAS discussions
razorbak
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-412
HELP

Post by razorbak » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:22 am

Hi guys having some problems with my NAS using twonky now when i have the file extenstion MKV twonky will pick them up files are from 8gb to 20gb each on the NAS problem is that only 2 of my series 7 samsungs will play this format and they are older tvs. now i want to play them on my series 8 and 6 Plasma and LED (Newer TVs) but they will not play.

i used to run everything off my main pc but had to rename the mkv to avi for them to work. all tvs worked flawless.

problem is when i transfered all the bluray movies that were renamed to avi format would not pickup on the NAS drive using twonky. they would only register when they were mkv!

how can i get twonky to profile them and add them to the db as an AVI file instead.

Please help.

razorbak

Re: HELP

Post by razorbak » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:35 am

this is on my qnap ts412

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:13 am

Sadly I don't have a solution for you. I'll send an e-mail to one of our engineers, but I'm not sure an issue like this can be solved by a client db change. I'll let you know if it can.

You may want to also consider picking up a cheap external player that handles MKV files better than most TVs and see if that solves all of your problems. I've seen refurbished WD TVs on Ebay for as little as $35.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

razorbak

Post by razorbak » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:39 am

i would do that but as i have many tv's in my place i would prefer this to work correctly. its a shame it does not work. considering i originaly got this to run all hi def movies and it does not work. might have to take back the qnap as it does not work for the main purpose i got it for.