Support Request

Other OS or NAS discussions
warrmr
AV Hardware:XBOX 360, VLC Client for OS X Lion
Support Request

Post by warrmr » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been using your software on my Icybox NAS 4220 for over 3 years now and am still on version 4. The time has come where someone in the community has ported the firmware of the NAS over to OpenWRT, This is more stable and allows me to customise the device more but it has one downfall. That is that Twonky is not native to this firmware as they have changed the from OABI to EABI and the binaries that are supplied do not work because of this.

Is there anyone that is able to supply me a binary of version 4 or 5 that is compiled for ARM4 and uses EABI, if that does not exist then would it be possible to get access to the source code so that I can try and compile a package that will work with my device.

I understand that this is a commercial product and the likley hood of getting access to the source is very slim but I am hoping that because version 4 and 5 is legacy software it wont matter to much.

Thankyou

Matt

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Support Request

Post by Twonky_Rick » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:17 am

We still license older versions of our server software to manufacturers, and because of that cannot provide it directly to consumers. Sorry about that.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/