more and more albums in "Various Artists" classification

Other OS or NAS discussions
tiefrot
AV Hardware:WHS HP 312 + WD TV Live
more and more albums in "Various Artists" classification

Post by tiefrot » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:41 am

Hello
…My Twonky Server drives me nuts. I use a QNAP TS-419P II for my music storage using the Twonky Server to stream the music on my hi-fi system. It worked fine until one of the latest updates messed it all up. About 50 albums changed their classification from the correct artist to „various artists“. Suprisingly it seems to become more and more albums moving to „various artists“ each time using Twonky. It started with my FLAC albums. Unfortunately it „infected“ my MP3s now too.

I’m really accurate with my tags. I use mp3tag to modify and correct each album. There is no tag „1“ under compilation in these albums. These wrong allocation of more and more albums is a major pain in the ass as you can imagine by about 180GB MP3s and over 80GB FLACs.

Does anyone have an idea what happens here? Is there anything I can modify on my MP3-tags and FLAC-tags?
I would also accept to disable a „various artist“ function in any Twonky Server options. Unfortunately I couldn’t find anything like this. (The Twonky Server is installed on my NAS… just to make sure.)

Best Regards, Marcus.

tiefrot
AV Hardware:WHS HP 312 + WD TV Live

Re: more and more albums in "Various Artists" classification

Post by tiefrot » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:07 pm

It seems that I'm not the only one with this Problem.

http://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/n-str ... r-problems