How does one load a Playlist(or ideally lists) into Twonky ?

Other OS or NAS discussions
High_Yield
How does one load a Playlist(or ideally lists) into Twonky ?

Post by High_Yield » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:00 am

Hi-

I'm a Twonky noob using version 4.2Q on a QNap TS-101 NAS.

All other Twonky items are OK and working fine, but I have no clue as to how to load a playlist(s) into Townky. The NAS is Linux based and I have no access to the file system - so - I must use only the interface that Twonky gives me on port 9000.

I was expecting to see something like "Browse/Enter Playlist Folder" - but - all I see is something about an ITunes library file. Note, I use Windows Media Player and have never seen an "ITune" :roll:

Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks - B
Last edited by High_Yield on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

wideasleep1

Post by wideasleep1 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:06 am

My playlists are simply in a folder called 'playlists' in my library...they are all .m3u's, although I believe .pls work as well. Make sure Twonky can see them in your library, where it routinely scans (ie. put them there).

High_Yield

Post by High_Yield » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:20 am

D@mn that was fast - thanks bro...

Am trying right now - she's "re-scanning" as I type.

Gotta love the internet !! If I get this to work I can download some :oops: pr0n as well using this thing called Internet.

- B

High_Yield

It Worked !!!

Post by High_Yield » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:02 am

Again Thanks !!

It took awhile to register on my system - but it worked.

My Windows Media Player uses the WPL format file and my first playlist is playing right now - sweet !!!

Off to Pr0n now.... :shock:

- B

Kos

Post by Kos » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:59 am

Be even more happy and switch from WMP to MediaMonkey - no media player out there comes even close. Do it first thing (and the user forum is the world's best!)

Kos
Setup: D-link635/Linksys(wifi), PhilipsSLA5520/Noxon iRadio, Sonos ZP90+ZP120+S5+CR200, iPod Touch & iPad2, Twonky6.0.30(server), MaxtorSS+/Qnap TS-109+112 (NAS'es), MediaMonkey 4(media manager)

paulwa

Post by paulwa » Sun May 27, 2007 7:23 am

I am also using QNAP TS101 with a Roku Soundbridge. I also have playlist issues. I've got just one M3U playlist loaded on the device for testing, which the Roku is seeing, but when I go to play it, it's showing up as empty, i.e. "<0 items".

I'm pretty certain I'm not describing the links to the songs correctly for the QNAP, and I'm also uncertain whether I need to turn "\" symbols (used in Windows) into "/" symbols, which Linux seems to use.

My albums all sit in a folder called "Music" within the Qmultimedia root folder, so the directory structure is:

Qmultimedia\Music\Artist\Album\Songname.mp3

Can someone please tell me what the correct naming structure would be, in order to get Twonky to recognise the tracks. Many thanks.

Rage

Post by Rage » Thu May 31, 2007 2:36 pm

Paulwa, I'm having the exact same problem with my Qnap TS100, it has iTunes and twonky preloaded, so the issue for is getting the twonky on the NAS (and iTunes) for that matter to look in the right directory for my songs. At present it does not.

What you seemed to have done is uploaded a music file to the server, now the Media Player should be able to read that with the preinstalled iTunes and twonky (if it has that), there is an option to turn it on. Problem you may have through is that each song will have to be uploaded, which will be a right pain to do.