Twonky on Android

Other OS or NAS discussions
SteveP
AV Hardware:Yamaha RX-A1060 AV receiver
Twonky on Android

Post by SteveP » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:09 am

HI Folks

I'm a newby with the whole Twonky thing and was pointed here to try and get some help to sort out some connectivity issues between my WIndows 10 PC, Android phone and new Yamaha Amp.

The good news is that my primary goal of getting Twonky server installed on my PC and talking to the Yamaha Amp is sorted - it's all working fine.

The app that came with my Amp is a bit clunky and so I thought I'd try the Android Twonky App. I have installed 'Twonky Beam' and 'Twonky' (not knowing which was the better option)

That's when I ran into difficulties and I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I suspect it's *me* that's not doing something right - and I'm open to any advice

Twonky Beam
===========
On opening, I get four options. If I choose 'Play Media from your home network' etc I get a message saying 'Premium content devices are currently unavailable'. If I click on this message I'm taken to a page that gives 2 options

Option 1: 'Check Device Compatibility' - If I click on that I get a '4'4 page not found'
Option 2: 'Continue' - I'm taken back to the page saying 'Premium content devices are currently unavailable'

Twonky
=====
I just get a spinning wheel in the centre of the page

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Steve

SteveP
AV Hardware:Yamaha RX-A1060 AV receiver

Re: Twonky on Android

Post by SteveP » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:35 am

Anyone...?