KuroBox HG with Gentoo : Twonky issues

Other OS or NAS discussions
duffjp
KuroBox HG with Gentoo : Twonky issues

Post by duffjp » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:20 pm

Hi,

I have a KuroBox HG with Gentoo installed and would like to try and get twonkyvision working so that I can play music and some video's through my PS3/AV system.

However, since I am not running the standard OS on the Kuro the install script didn't work properly, so I had to apply the commands I thought would be right. I have copied the files onto the Kuro and change the permissions so that the right files were executeable. I can luanch Twonky and it loads fine, and it shows up in my PS3 (also in my Vista PC in WMP).

However, the problem I am having is that the folder I have selected for sharing either a) doesn't get scanned, or b) isn't accessible, as no content shows up. This is confirmed by the config page as stating no files. If I click the rescan folders button, I get a message stating that "Rescan of content directories in progress".

Any clues?

Thanks,

Jon.

duffjp

Fixed

Post by duffjp » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:10 pm

Hi,

Managed to figure this out. I turned loggin on and found that the scanning process had added /mnt to the content directory. This confused me a little, but then remembered that was why the install script didn't work.

As such I have downloaded the Linux PPC version instead of Kurobox specific version and now everything works fine.

Obviously with the standard Kuro box firmware ebverything is mounted under /mnt.

Jon.