LaCie Ethernet Disk Mini and Xbox 360

Other OS or NAS discussions
Barry Cent
LaCie Ethernet Disk Mini and Xbox 360

Post by Barry Cent » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:01 am

Hi there,
I have just noticed a deal at a local computer store on a LaCie 320Gb Ethernet Disk Mini. I have been using a Buffalo LinkStation for a little over two years now, but after a little research on the LaCie drive I haven found that that it runs the TwonkyVision server - as I'm sure your aware :-). This is a great advantage for me as it would allow me to stream music to my Xbox 360, without the need for a PC to be on. I was just about to buy one last night, however, I came accross this thread on this forum. http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2950.

It kinda put me off a bit, but as long as I can stream music, video and pictures to the Xbox from folders on the NAS itself, that is still worth the money.

Could someone tell me what you dont get on the NAS version of TwonkyVision, sort of the differences between the windows version (which I've tested today and works a treat!) and the NAs version. Maybe some screenshots of the config pages?

I've also come accross one little issue with my install of TwonkyVision. In iTunes, I have reanamed all of my music, so that they all show the correct album and artist names. However, when these are shared to the Xbox, they seem to have downloaded some album info from somewhere. I have cleaned the files in Windows media player too, but its downloaded again, next time the files are shared. It there a way to disable this? or better still, is this feature absent on the Lacie drive?

Thank you very much for your time,

Barry Cent

EDIT: Found how to fix the above issue: open the files in WMP, edit them, then I have to rebuild the database.

Hope someone could shed some light on whether the LaCie drive is a good Twonky media server for the Xbox 360 or not.

eskape

Post by eskape » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:48 am

An update for the lacie ethernet mini is available on the website

Ethernet Disk mini v2 (Gigabit) & Ethernet Big Disk Updater v1.1.1