DNS-323 - new files are not listed until folders rescan

Other OS or NAS discussions
Larsen
DNS-323 - new files are not listed until folders rescan

Post by Larsen » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:09 am

hey,

I'm trying Twonky since 2 days no my mac and dns-323. I really like the look and feel, the easy setup...simply everything is pretty cool. but if I place a new video in one of the directories specified for that, twonky doesn't show them on my PS3 oder XBOX360 (same goes for my twonky installation on my macboopro).

I tried setting rescan time to -1, rebuilding the database and what not... nothing worked. the only thing I can doo is to rescan everything and then the file will show up. but if I delete it, again there's no automatic rescan or anything, even with -1 set for rescan time. I cannot use another setting since my NAS only puts the harddrives to sleep after 10 minuten of inactivity.

another mystery is twonky resetting the rescan time to 60 after a while. no matter what I do, after a while, when I check the config again, it's reset to 60 minuten scan time. I don't know how this is possible, since I saved the changes I made (rescan time -1) and restarted the server. everything shows up fine then... but again, after a little while... gone.

I really like the product and would like to buy it, but this major problem keeps me from doing so. if someone has an answer for al this, please let me know. thanks.

Larsen

Post by Larsen » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:44 am

so sad nobody seems to have an idea how to solve this, looks like I'll be uninstalling twonky pretty soon. the only thing I found on the web is to manually rescan twonky if needed. but rescanning over 250gb of data (music, videos and photos) everytime something changes is not an option for me.

bye, bye twonky for me... :(

Epstein

Post by Epstein » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:16 am

I have the exact same problem, with not being able to use the time -1 setting, and that it resets to 60 min. Using Twonky 4.4.2 on a QNAP TS-209.

Stefano

Post by Stefano » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:51 pm

Epstein wrote:I have the exact same problem, with not being able to use the time -1 setting, and that it resets to 60 min. Using Twonky 4.4.2 on a QNAP TS-209.
Same as above, but Twonky 4.4.2 on QNAP TS-109.

Stefano

Post by Stefano » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:11 pm

I think the issue is described and solved here:
http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... ght=rescan