PS3 v1.93 and Twonkyvision

Other OS or NAS discussions
bhensler
PS3 v1.93 and Twonkyvision

Post by bhensler » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:55 pm

updated my PS3 to v.1.93 (read that fan control should be better => is not). Even worse is that PS3 sees my TwonkyVision MediaServer (v.4.4.2) but no root folders (music, video ...) are listed anymore. Windows Media Player 11 is ok.
Anybody having the same situation ?
Best
bernhard

bhensler

Re: PS3 v1.93 and Twonkyvision

Post by bhensler » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:02 pm

bhensler wrote:updated my PS3 to v.1.93 (read that fan control should be better => is not). Even worse is that PS3 sees my TwonkyVision MediaServer (v.4.4.2) but no root folders (music, video ...) are listed anymore. Windows Media Player 11 is ok.
Anybody having the same situation ?
Best
bernhard
my fault, PS3 upgrade and system reset resulted in a new DHCP IP Address and because of having disabled "Enable sharing for new clients automatically" in TwonkyVision's configuration the PS3 couldn't connect anymore.
Sorry for any confusion.

klawal

Post by klawal » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:33 pm

Hello

I also use TwonkyVison for my PS3.

It works fine for music and photos.

But video (mpeg) are not played continusely, via my WiFi. Are they some settings to resolve this.

And have you found a way to play Divx ?

cbhwr

Post by cbhwr » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:52 pm

@Klawal: No way to play DivX on PS3 at this time - write to Sony and ask when they support something more widespread than MPEG4, or start storing all your media in MPEG4 AVC/AAC :)

Regarding streaming: What you can do, twonky-wise, is look under Miscellaneous and find Streaming Buffer Size - increase this. Otherwise, improve your WiFi (Move AP closer to PS3, use an clear band/frequency, activate/deactivate signal-stability) or switch to a wired solution. Personally, I am using a set of dLan PowerLine adaptors, which are doing the trick nicely for me.

Cheers,
Nc.

klawal

Post by klawal » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:49 pm

Thank for your answer :wink:

But I have a problem with the twonky server. I wrote to the support but i have not the solution.

My Twonky server is installed on a NAS Synology (DS 107).

My tranfer rate with the NAS web server are correct (3000-4000 kb/s with wireless, 9000-10000 kb/s wired)

But with the Twonky server, my rate does not exceed 100 kb/s (wired or wireless!). Impossible to stream video in this conditions. Changing the streaming buffer size does not change this bad rate :(

Is somebody here using a NAS Synology and having a "normal" transfer rate ?

klawal

Post by klawal » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:18 pm

klawal wrote:Thank for your answer :wink:

But I have a problem with the twonky server.
But with the Twonky server, my rate does not exceed 100 kb/s (wired or wireless!). Impossible to stream video in this conditions. Changing the streaming buffer size does not change this bad rate :(
?
Hello,

I answer myself :

I have installed the last version of Twonky (4.4.3.1).

Since, it works fine, I can stream my DivX which are on my Syno 107 to my PS3 via wireless connection without drop off :D