Newbie help setting up a Buffalo Linkstation Pro

Other OS or NAS discussions
slyboy
Newbie help setting up a Buffalo Linkstation Pro

Post by slyboy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:29 pm

I have recently bought a 320 gig Buffalo Linkstation Pro to act as a stand alone NAS/media server. I want to install twonky on it but I can't seem to get it to work. I have downloaded the install package from twonky and I have entered the ip address but it say telnet can't access it.

Can someone give me a hand with getting this up and running, I have no idea about telnet commands and linux. My NAS is recognised and on the network and I can drop files on to it. My network runs off a Netgear wireless Sky router and the NAS is wired into the ethernet socket.

320 gig Buffalo Linkstation Pro
firmware ver 1.03

Please help if you can!

serial

Post by serial » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:45 pm

Help.

The same 2 me.

Is there only the chance 2 install twonky via telnet like its posted on central-nas.org?

Isn't there a much more comfortable way?

macker

Post by macker » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:29 pm

'fraid you'll probably have to enable telnet and then start off that way. From my understanding you need super user rights. The only way you can get those is to hack into the password file and change it so that you can telnet into the box. Once you've done that you should be able to install Twonky on to the NAS.
I've done it just by following the instruction on NAS Central. I'm no Linux bod but I managed to find my way through. Follow the instructions carefully, making sure to get all the spaces in the right places. Editing the files via telnet is a bit frustrating but you'll get the hang of it.
Best of luck.
Macker

A little knowledge is sometimes more dangerous...

Buffalo HD160HDLAN NAS TwonkyMedia Server 4.4

Buffalo G54 Airstation
Intempo GX-01

atmlos

Post by atmlos » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:16 am

sorry, bad english, but here :

http://forum.nas-central.org/viewtopic. ... it=+twonky

install http://downloads.linkstationwiki.net/Up ... addons.tar

and take the installer for the Kurobox!

its relativ easy

i have big problems with my linkstation live .... mediabolic is bad

twonky iss better, but take a lot of memory (100.000 files are too many)