Xbox 360 Media Player or Media Center to NSLU2 Twonk?

Other OS or NAS discussions
le.bouch
Xbox 360 Media Player or Media Center to NSLU2 Twonk?

Post by le.bouch » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:18 pm

Hi all,

Despite my zero amount of Linux skills I have manged to install a Linksys NSLU2 on my network. I have a flash drive in Port 2 which runs the UnSlung firmware, together with Twonkyvision Media Server software. Connected to Port 1 on the Slug is a Seagate 280GB USB HDD with all my tunes on it.

God knows how but I have successfully got all three PC's on my network to 'see' and stream from the slug.

My Xbox 360 Media Player also 'sees' and streams from the Slug - the Xbox 360 can connect to the network by either it's wireless adaptor or hard-wired.

So... two questions:

1. If I use the basic Media Player on the 360 to access the Twonky Slug, should I be able to see the album art?

2. Can I use the 360's Windows Media Center to access the Twonky Slug, or can the WMC only access another PC, also running WMC or WMP11?

Thanks for any help.

rex10

Only media player

Post by rex10 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:29 am

Hello-

I was a little disappointed to find that you can only use the media player. Apparently to connect with media center you have to enter some sort of code that the 360 displays and there is no place to do that on the twonky.

Fortunately, the 360 media player is a little better after the fall update.

le.bouch

Post by le.bouch » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:09 pm

Oh - that's a great shame. The WMC is soooo much nicer to use than the standard Media Player.

When you say that the standard player is 'better', are you referring to the extra format support? Visually / operationally I see no difference - no FF or RW, no album art, etc....