Twonky setup on IB Nas4220 - Cannot display the webpage

Other OS or NAS discussions
sitruz
AV Hardware:Icy Box Nas 4220
Twonky setup on IB Nas4220 - Cannot display the webpage

Post by sitruz » Sat May 31, 2008 1:54 pm

Hi all,

I've just got a Icy Box Nas 4220. It's all installed and working fine. Raid 1 EXT3. I can see my shares and I can copy my files around. The network is auto DHCP.

I've tried all morning and I can't get the Twonky setup going. I've copied the 'twonkymedia' foler to /public/applications/ and enabled the service in the Icy Box admin screen, but when I click the link to Twonky Server it pops open a new web window (http://xxx.xxx.x.x:9000/) but always says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

I've tried manually adding TCP 9000 to the windows firewall exception and even turning off the firewall altogether in case that's the problem, but it still does the same thing.

Are there any network whizz-kids that can offer help/suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks guys.

S.

silly_entz
AV Hardware:ICYBOX 4220, 2 Seagate 750GB HD in SPANNED array, MYBOOK WORLD II 1TB, TP Link WG642, PS3

Re: Twonky setup on IB Nas4220 - Cannot display the webpage

Post by silly_entz » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:14 am

I am having exactly the same problem,
I Put the relevent twonky files in public/applications, then when I try to access twonky Exporer says "Webpage cannot be displayed".
Please help!
I have tried with Twonky Vs 4.4.4 and 4.4.5 both from the Raidsonic website, neither have worked.

silly_entz
AV Hardware:ICYBOX 4220, 2 Seagate 750GB HD in SPANNED array, MYBOOK WORLD II 1TB, TP Link WG642, PS3

Re: Twonky setup on IB Nas4220 - Cannot display the webpage

Post by silly_entz » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:44 pm

I found a useful hep on this from another forum. To get Twonky to run you need to do this:

Start -> Run -> Type "Command" -> then while in the command box type "Telnet"

1: Type "Open ***.***.*.***" (the IP address of your NAS 4220)
2: <login> Type "root"
3: <Password> Type your admin password "*****"
4: Then type "/mnt/md1/public/applications/twonkymedia/twonkymedia &"

This will start running Twonky, then it will run on your NAS, however you need to do this everytime you boot it up. The _& at the end leaves the daemon running even when the telnet script is closed. Now when you activate Twonky save and enter setup page you will get there.

I now have it up and running but can't work out how to configure it to see any of my media... :?