Other OS or NAS discussions
andyg
AV Hardware:Windows Vista PC - Intel Core Duo 4 Gb RAM
IcyBox NAS-4220B
PS3 F/W 2.50
4.4.9 on IcyBox NAS

Post by andyg » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi all

I have an odd situation. I have been running 4.4.9 on my Windows PC for about 6 months.

I have just bought an IcyBox 4220NAS which has a trial version of Twonky on it so I decided to move all of my media off of the PC and transfer the Twonky registration to the NAS.

So far so good.

I am using Twonky to stream to a PS3. Several of the media files that used to play fine on the PS3 when streamed from the PC now show up as unsupported media when streamed from the NAS. This makes no sense to me at all. The PS3 is properly identified in both servers client list.

As far as I was aware the server simply streams the content to the client which does what it does so can anyone suggest why the same file is treated differently depending on the OS the server is running on

Many Thanks

Andy

rmkmonk
AV Hardware:Helios X5000 Wireless Streamer
IcyBox IB-4220-NAS

Re: 4.4.9 on IcyBox NAS

Post by rmkmonk » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:02 pm

Exactly the same with me! I have huge numbers of FLAC files, which my HiFi media player will play (Helios X5000), and I cannot for the life of me undretsand why software developers ignore such formats as FLAC!

Unless they change this, they won't get my money!

andyg
AV Hardware:Windows Vista PC - Intel Core Duo 4 Gb RAM
IcyBox NAS-4220B
PS3 F/W 2.50

Re: 4.4.9 on IcyBox NAS

Post by andyg » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:22 am

Perhaps I didn't make my original post clear enough.

I'm not talking about different servers exhibiting different behaviours, I'm talking about Twonky v4.4.9 on both platforms.

Running on a Windows Vista PC and on an IcyBox 4220NAS

The same file streamed from the Vista box plays normally on the PS3 and shows as unsupported when streamed from the NAS box

Is this a PS3 issue ?

Andy