Twonky on a Buffalo LinkStation Pro Duo (LS-WTGL/R1)

Other OS or NAS discussions
Ak1rA
AV Hardware:[PC] XPC SB75G2 P4 3.0@3.4ghz watercooled
[NAS] Buffalo LinkStation Pro Duo 1TB + Twonky Media 4.4.6
[CONSOLE] PS3 + Wii
Twonky on a Buffalo LinkStation Pro Duo (LS-WTGL/R1)

Post by Ak1rA » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:17 am

Hello to everyone,

I bought some days ago from internet a Linkstation Pro Duo (every place write: Built-in DLNA CERTIFIEDâ„¢ server for easy playback of multimedia files to any DLNA CERTIFIED device blah blah blah...)

Anyway my rev is LS-W1.0TGL/R1 and the DLNA version is LS-W1.0TGL/R1 (3)... I'm so unlucky :|.

I try to search on internet but I didn't find any information about this problem.

Is there a way to install Twonky on this nas?

Thank you!
Last edited by Ak1rA on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ak1rA
[CONSOLE] PS3 + Wii

Re: Twonky on a Buffalo LinkStation Pro Duo 1TB

Post by Ak1rA » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:16 pm

Ok. I found the way to install.

1 - Download acp_commander.jar to somewhere you will remember.
2 - Get console access, dos, terminal, shell it doesn't really matter as long as you can execute the java command.
cd to the directory where you saved acp_commander.jar
3 - Disable your firewall temporarily. (If applicable)
4 - on dos shell: Java -jar acp_commander.jar -t <IP BUFFALO ADDRESS> -o -addons
5 - telnet <IP BUFFALO ADDRESS> (login with "root" and change the password with "passwd")
6 - get addons.tar on your box and untar it with "tar -C / -xzvf <path.to.addons.tar>
7 - download the stable-working edited (I edited the install files to put twonky on array1) by me :wink: Twonky Media Server 4.4.6
8 - edit on buffalo /etc/init.d/rcS and add exec_sh twonky to start twonky during boot.

enjoy :D
Last edited by Ak1rA on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leshin2
AV Hardware:buffalo pro duo

Post by leshin2 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:21 pm

This is very interesting Ak1rA. now it is as if you ae giving life to the ver 1 Pro Duo.
Can you please confirm that now you can stream your media from the NAS without having the need to have a computer switched on?

As i havent dealt with such thing before could you please post a step-by-step instruction as to how to do this? it would definetely help us all! Be more precise if you can, on how to get console access etc.

Lastly what do you do in terms of the licence key when the free trial expires? in other words where would you insert the key?

thanks for all your time

davef
AV Hardware:Linkstation ProDuo 1Tb (LS-W1.0TGL/R1)
PS3

Post by davef » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:15 pm

many thanks Ak1rA,
I bought the same box from ebay, and was also dissapointed to find it did not support DLNA by default.....

I followed your process, and also works fine for me.... Only thing that didn't work was the auto-start of the twonky server ar reboot of the NAS - think I needed to change the startup script to look for twonky.sh instead of twonky. Could be my installation error, not sure....Other than that works great.

I can confirm that I am streaming photos, mp3s and video to my PS3 over my wireless network to my PS3 (without a PC) yeah!!

@leshin2: The home page of the twonky server [yourServerIP]:9000 has a page to enter the license key once purchased. I haven't done so yet, just trying for 30 days to see if it's good enought to puchase or not. Having some performance problems with my sony HD movies - mmm perhaps the wireless network, or the IO speed of the box??? not sure.

Ak1rA
[CONSOLE] PS3 + Wii

Post by Ak1rA » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:37 pm

Sorry for my late reply :|

Yes my buffalo is independent. My Ps3 play mp3s, divx, xvid, mt2s (AVCHD) without any problem :)
More instruction you can find here: http://buffalo.nas-central.org/index.php/Main_Page

To play AVCHD movies you must use the cable (not wireless), I'm using a 100mbit.

ps. I just add the last instruction to load during the boot Twonky :D

wolverine
AV Hardware:Linkstation Pro Duo

Post by wolverine » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:54 am

Does someohne hav a link for the TwonkyMedia Ver. 5 for the Buffalo LinkStation Pro Duo?
I allready have the Version 4.4.5 installaed, but I will try the new Version.
The old Link does not work anymore...
http://www.twonkyvision.com/Download/Tw ... cians.html

Does anyone have a new link for thoes versions?
I only found this link http://www.twonkymedia.com/installs.html but there is no of this old versions anymore. :cry:

Thx

Ak1rA
[CONSOLE] PS3 + Wii

Post by Ak1rA » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:08 pm

ehm... you can donwload mine 4.4.6 version.. :wink:

carchey
AV Hardware:Terastation HS-DHTGL/R5

Post by carchey » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:38 am

Sorry but I need a little help. I'm up to step 6. I've loaded the acp_commander.jar and can telent to the box. The question is where do I install the addons.tar? When I telent tothe box what dir am I in relative to the dir structure I can see from windows or via ftp? Once I know this I can copy and run the file. I have looked at the buffalo forum, but I'm a GNUbee and don't see those one or two missing instructions.
http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Two ... erver#ARM9

I'm installing on a Terastation HS-DHTGL/R5 with 2 TB disk.

Thanks for any help.

Ak1rA
[CONSOLE] PS3 + Wii

Post by Ak1rA » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:40 pm

carchey wrote:Sorry but I need a little help. I'm up to step 6. I've loaded the acp_commander.jar and can telent to the box. The question is where do I install the addons.tar? When I telent tothe box what dir am I in relative to the dir structure I can see from windows or via ftp? Once I know this I can copy and run the file. I have looked at the buffalo forum, but I'm a GNUbee and don't see those one or two missing instructions.
http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Two ... erver#ARM9

I'm installing on a Terastation HS-DHTGL/R5 with 2 TB disk.

Thanks for any help.
put the addons.tar into a terastation dir, and after acp-commander you go into the dir and process the command: tar -C / -xzvf <path.to.addons.tar> :wink:

Ak1rA
[CONSOLE] PS3 + Wii

Re: Twonky on a Buffalo LinkStation Pro Duo

Post by Ak1rA » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:05 am

After some year, I have upgrade to the last TwonkyServer 6.0.34
You can download the modded "pro duo" version from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?39r648sojwtount

Enjoy it! :wink: